Interview by Jessica Clingempeel
Some quarantine fun with Christian Kretschmar!
• What made you want to become a musician?
There’s music on my mind, all the time
• What are some of your hobbies outside of music/career?
Besides being a passionate photographer, I love to cook
• If you had to be anyone else for a day, who would that be and why?Donald Fagen, then I’d actually comprehend his mind-boggling chord progressions (and his weird lyrics)
• Do you have any pets?
• What is your favourite animal?
Dogs, preferably big
• Are you an Herbivore, Carnivore, or Omnivore?
A curious omnivore
• A new law has passed where only one genre of music is allowed, which would you choose? (It is totally alright if you choose Disney music! No judgment here.)
Oh no, tough one… then it’s pop, because that’d be the widest spectrum I guess
• What is your favourite country?
I think France is a very beautiful mix between north and south, in every sense
• What foods do you love to devour?
A great pasta or risotto always gets me
• Apple or Android?
Apple, since a long, long time
• Where are you from?
From Germany, some small town rather north
• What was your favourite possession as a child?
• What is your favourite possession now?
A humble piece of land with plenty of oak trees in Upper Normandy, France
• What motto do you live by?
I don’t really live by any ‘motto’, but if, it would be: “What we think, we become”
• Do you play video games? If so, what do you like playing the most?
Not at all
• Which gaming platform do you prefer?
• Any particular soundtrack you would recommend to people?
Everything from Ennio Morricone
• Are you into any comics, manga, or anime?
• You are now stuck on an island with only one item (cannot be phone.) What is the item you choose?
A Fender Rhodes suitcase ’73 MkII (needs power though)
• What is your favourite colour?
When it comes to colours, it’s always the combination for me
• You can bring one famous figure from our past back to life, who do you choose and why?
Nietzsche, because I have so many questions
• Any embarrassing moments to tell?
I once, about thirty years ago, messed up the German national anthem, live in front of a few thousand people. Ugh
• Were you a good student or a class clown in school?
• Ocean or Mountains?
Ocean, all the way
• If you had to play in a film, what kind of part would you want to play?
The part that gets me the academy award for “best supporting actor”, preferably as the villain
Top 5 Musicians/Bands
The Beatles, Steely Dan, Talk Talk, Tears For Fears, Miles Davis
Top 5 Shows/Movies
Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Seinfeld, The Grand Budapest Hotel, The Shawshank Redemption
Top 5 Books
The Cloud Atlas, David Mitchell
Chaos, David Mitchell
The Hyperion Cantos, Dan Simmons
The Selected Works Of T.S. Spivet, Reif Larsen
Silk, Alessandro Baricco