Stitched Up Heart is a rock band originating from Los Angeles, California, and founded by Alecia “Mixi” Demner. Their latest album “Darkness” was released on Friday, March 13th, 2020.
Upon listening to the album, it seems be a nice mix of rock, and some industrial metal elements, with the electronic sounds in the background. Even though the band is labeled “rock”, it seems like they may have experimented with some industrial metal, given the heavy presence of electronic sounds throughout the tracks.
Another thing I am noticing about the album, is it kind of reminds me a bit of Paramore, and has a bit of a punk rock element to it as well. Lyrically, a lot of the lyrics from the album are very dark, and suggest a struggle, whether internal or external.
I get the feeling “Mixi” may have went through some very dark times during the song-writer process that inspired the somber lyrics. The first three tracks of the album, I get the sense of an inner struggle “Mixi” is doing what she can to face.
When we get to “Warrior”, it sounds like she has finally started to piece things together, and even build up the strength to know her worth and fight the good fight.
“I’m a warrior, and I know what I’m fighting for”. This line reiterates what I mentioned earlier: she has found her strength and knows how to use it.
In “Dead Roses” there is a line of the song “you can’t break a heart that’s already broken”.
This tells the listener “Mixi” has been through some shit, and it’s almost as if she’s saying “you can’t hurt me anymore, I have been down more than you can imagine, and what you are doing, or trying to do won’t make any difference to me.”
The next track “Crooked Halo” is very harrowing, with lyrics like
“I saw you making eyes, you don’t want none of this I’m a one way ticket to a sinking ship You can march to the beat of my awful symphony”
Why does it seem like “Mixi” is suggesting that she is a disaster and you should avoid her or you’ll regret it the rest of your days? There seems to be a lot of deep pain being reflected in this track, and it is extremely disheartening.
Finishing off the album, we get to “My Demon”. This would have to be the darkest most metal-sounding track on the album. One of the lines in the song really speaks to the vibe of the whole album.
“I become one with my demon Let the beast outside of my mind I become one with my demon My dark side keeps me alive”
Suggesting to me that through her journey (the album), “Mixi” has fought with herself, and fought with others, and she has become one with her demon (possibly herself and her experiences).
In terms of an overall, this was a very interesting listen, and it definitely stands out from a lot of other rock/metal albums I have listened to before.
I want to give this album a 5/5.
The composition and lyrics are very dark, and very telling of pain, of emotion, of anguish, so many multi-faceted emotions throughout. The production sounds great, the mixing and mastering sound very professional, and you don’t have any tracks where the singing gets washed out by the instruments, or vice-versa.
Interview by Joshua Becker & Jessica Clingempeel | June 25, 2020
First, I wanted to say that I saw you in concert last year in Cleveland, and you guys were great. Awww thank you! That means the world to us.
You were so interactive with the fans in the audience, acknowledging them in the crowd as they were singing along to your songs, and that was just awesome. You’re very sweet. I try to connect with everyone I can at the show as much as possible. I know, for me as an audience member, I love when bands notice me, so I know how it feels and want everyone to know I see them and I’m grateful they took the time out to watch us!
Are concerts easy for you to get right into, or do you get nervous at times? From what I saw, you seemed so comfortable like you were right at home. Honestly, it took me a while to be comfortable when I first started. I forced myself out of my comfort zone when I realized I wanted to play my songs in public. It took time to eventually be one with the stage. I still get butterflies before I go on for any show but it seems like as soon as I start a switch is turned on and I’m a whole different person.
Your latest album “Darkness” was such a powerful record, and the lyrics were so dark, and so profound. Thank you. Hence the album title Darkness.
When did the decision arise to name the album “Darkness?’ and what led you to that? We wanted to be consistent with Never Alone by using a song title off the album as the album title. The song “Darkness” was dedicated to a few close followers of the band. It was written to take them out of the dark and scary mental state they were in and bring them out stronger. The whole album is meant for every listener to attempt to do the same.
During the writing process, what was going through your mind? It seemed like you were dealing with some very personal things in your life. I dug deep. I definitely had some major challenges that I was working through at the time. I decided to let myself be vulnerable and voice my thoughts and feelings honestly. I wanted to connect with anyone feeling that way and be their medicine.
When it comes to songwriting, do you have a certain routine like a cup of coffee, or something, to get the creative juices flowing? I have found that meditation before I write is very helpful. When I’m in writing mode I also listen to a lot of motivational speakers to learn and teach concepts that I’ve attached to the music.
Continuing with the album, I could not help but notice the industrial metal influences in the background. What made the band decide to add the electronic sounds in the background? It was really just to try something different. There are so many ways to create sounds through electronics and in rock we aren’t just limited to guitar, bass, and drums. It doesn’t have to be that way. We can make it sound much different by messing with synths and chopping up my voice to create its own electronic sounding instrument in the background. We just wanted a modern edge to this album.
I know the Coronavirus outbreak came about late in the making of this album, but did it have any influences on the writing, or even the instrumentals? No. We were done writing this over a year before the virus hit.
Being that you are all in California, one of the hardest-hit states for the Coronavirus, how has this affected your day-to-day? I am a homebody as it is, so I am pretty good at staying home. That part hasn’t changed. I haven’t been exercising as much and have been surviving on cupcakes since the pandemic started. Which, by the way, I have perfected the art of. Also, wearing a mask and trying to smile at people you pass at the grocery store is a little awkward. We all have to do our part.
Did you take up any new hobbies while you are waiting this out like everyone else? Baking has been a new one, and gardening, which I have a lot to learn still. I also redecorated the house!
Is it possible the Coronavirus may be inspiring you to write material for your next album too? It will definitely have some influence as I draw from current life events in the writing process.
I found in an interview way back that you experienced homeless when you first arrived in L.A., and that really made me tear up. I want to say I am so glad you have since found a home, and you are doing much better. Yes. That was a scary time. I had just moved to LA with a boyfriend and it didn’t work out. I was lucky enough to find couches to crash on and at times would just sleep in the back of my car on a pile of clothes. But this city is tough and it made me who I am today by going through that. I’m definitely a road warrior from living like a gypsy.
If you knew you years ahead of time this would happen, would you do anything different, or plan anything different? I would save more money. $1,000 was all I had and I didn’t realize how expensive it was gonna be to survive here. But I stuck it out and am now living comfortably.
Furthermore, with so many in the world facing homelessness, what can we do to really make an impact? I try to give change if I have it on me when I pass by someone. Some aren’t mentally stable enough to take care of themselves and hold a job. Some have other reasons. Some people choose that life. It’s very sad. But $1 goes a long way.
Do you have any homeless charities you have worked with that we could donate to, for example? I used to work for the Los Angeles Homeless Service Coalition when I was actually homeless. We would petition at grocery stores and raise money for the homeless. It was too difficult for me to do as I was currently living out of my car at the time, so I didn’t work there very long. I would suggest looking up a church that feeds the homeless or a local food bank in your area online.
What about advice for those who are homeless? I would suggest staying off substances. For a lot of them, that is unfortunately what keeps them on the streets. Substance abuse is a real disease and is very hard to overcome. For some with mental illness, or who choose to fly under the radar, it’s difficult to tell someone how to live their life. Jobs definitely help and there are programs to help shelter and feed them.
I also see you are a huge animal lover and work a lot with Kitten Rescue. Did the passion for animals start with you as a child, or is this something you discovered later in life? Animals are simple innocent creatures to me. There is something so simple yet so complex that draws me to them. There is a peace and sense of purpose I feel when I am helping an animal. Doing something selfless for something else is my soul food.
Do others in the band have the same passion as you Alecia? They all love animals. You’re not allowed to be in the band if you don’t! Hahaha but I’m the one with the intense drive to keep doing the volunteer work and connecting with fundraisers.
At present, how many animals do you all co-habitate with? Well… I have 3 cats. I am currently fostering 3 two month old kittens who will be going to a different foster mother soon. I am currently volunteering at California Equine Retirement Foundation (Cerf) that helps care of retired racehorses and rescues. It gives those homeless animals a sanctuary to live out their days.
With Covid, we wanted to do something to get others minds off it, so I have some additional questions I would like to ask (if you have the time, since there are quite a few). Even when you don’t have much, do something selfless. That is all 🙂
What made you want to become a musician? I have just been drawn to instruments since recorder class in elementary school. It was my favorite class, so I continued band in middle school playing the tuba. Once I got to high school, I found the guitar and it was all downhill from there!
What are some of your hobbies outside of music/career? Painting, animal rescue (obviously), art.
If you had to be anyone else for a day, who would that be and why? I am comfortable being me, but maybe a bird so I could fly!
Do you have any pets? I have 3 fluffy cats
What is your favourite animal? This answer has changed over time but I’m gonna go with a unicorn this time!
Are you a Herbivore, Carnivore, or Omnivore? I like to say a liberal vegetarian. I try to eat very little meat but sometimes I feel like my body needs the nutrients and I cave in.
A new law has passed where only one genre of music is allowed, which would you choose? (It is totally alright if you choose Disney music! No judgment here.) Rock ‘n’ roll babyyyy!
What is your favourite country? Well, I haven’t traveled anywhere aside from Canada & Mexico, yet, so I’m gonna say it would be the one I was born and raised in…USA.
What foods do you love to devour? My grandma’s recipe of mac ‘n’ cheese!
Apple or Android? Apple! 100%.
Where are you from? Born in Atlanta GA. Grew up in Orlando FL. Lived my adult life in Los Angeles, CA and I am currently in Riverside CA
What was your favourite possession as a child? My pets, even though they weren’t my possession. They’re my friends. They probably own me more.
What is your favourite possession now? Same answer!
What motto do you live by? Be kind.
Do you play video games? If so, what do you like playing the most? I have a love hate relationship with video games. When I get sucked into a game I will play forever. I have to stop myself or it will consume me! World of Warcraft is my kryptonite.
Which gaming platform do you prefer? PlayStation or PC
Any particular soundtrack you would recommend to people? All of the God of War soundtracks or Doom is pretty sick too!
Are you into any comics, manga, or anime? I was into anime for a while. Watched over 250 episodes of Nature till it became fuller and I got bored.
You are now stuck on an island with only one item (cannot be phone.) What is the item you choose? Guitar
What is your favourite colour? Fluorescent clear.
You can bring one famous figure from our past back to life, who do you choose and why? Jesus would be interesting!
Any embarrassing moments to tell? One year at Rock on the Range I was crowd surfing on this epic inflatable Pegasus pool float and it popped. That was pretty embarrassing.
Were you a good student or a class clown in school? I was a B student artsy kinda kid.
Ocean or Mountains? Beach babe.
If you had to play in a film, what kind of part would you want to play? The rocker chick
Top 5 Musicians/Bands The Beatles, Metallica, Louis Armstrong, NIN, and Linkin Park
Top 5 Shows/Movies South Park, Ancient Aliens, Supernatural, Grandmas Boy, and anything with The Rock.
Top 5 Books The Missing Piece. Mindfulness books and self help books.
Five Minutes Hate is a death metal band from Italy. After their debut release called “Explanation to Failure” in 2016, FMH has followed that up with a sophomore release entitled “A New Death”.
The band states in their press release “The common thread that unites the 10 tracks wants to continue the concept tackled in the first album: the rebirth through the death of a new subhuman race, in a post-apocalyptic scenario of desolation, which in this new guise will make its way through darkness and chaos.”
This album is definitely a step forward for FMH! I had checked out their debut album also, and this new release is a much stronger production all around! The mix sounds really good, with a more modern sound and musically I like the direction this new album has taken. There are definitely some more melodic, almost metalcore like guitar riffs that remind me of bands such as All That Remains, As I Lay Dying and others.
Mediocrity Will Be Your Grave This album starts off heavy with a punch right away with this solid opening track! The guitar riffs are a mix of death metal and more of a melodic metalcore sound with heart pounding drums throughout. At about 2:07, you get the idea of a break down coming, which kicks in in full at 2:19.
As a society, we tend to get complacent and we seem okay with being just mediocre. We tend to pass the “extra” stuff off, thinking that we can get away with putting in very little effort and settle for the least of things. We allow this complacency to control us and don’t see the need to break out of it.
“The rest is not your job and neither are you aware of it marionette of the new world Puppet animated from below“
The Man You Will Never Be This song starts out aggressively with a sound that almost reminds me of In Flames. With heavy, yet melodic guitars and heart pounding drums, this song really draws you in and hooks you. I found myself going back to hear the riffs on this track several times! Also, around 3:00 in, while the instruments pull back quite a bit, the aggressiveness almost gets even more evident.
In what seems to be tying up lyrical meaning from the first track, this song seems to share the idea that ignorance and mediocrity go hand in hand. When we are so complacent with the status quo, we don’t seem to care enough to want to change it, even if it’s for the better. We reject anything that doesn’t coincide with what we think or believe in and we reject it and refuse to listen.
“Rejection is the evil‘s food Refusal is the evil’s source A vicious circle of death The future of our species“
Under Its Claws This song is aggressive right out of the gate! With more of a death metal feel than the last song, it’s got aggressive vocals, a break down feel at :13 seconds, and death metal style blast beats all throughout. The lead guitars definitely offer a melodic feel on top at times also. The song ends on a fade out.
This song lyrically seems to about the darkness that is created by our blindness to see the truth around us. We tend to skip into the complacency of walking around blind folded. With so much knowledge at our fingertips, we unwisely turn a blind eye. This song seems to be a call to wake up and take off the blinders.
“Knowledge now a word into disuse Belonged to times that seem too far Because mind is in trap Custom built for fools Conviction of right will grow Conviction to act for our future.”
Cunning Opportunist Individual This song has a bit more of a metalcore feel with the guitar riffs. I really enjoy the intro to this one. The vocals are again aggressive and filled with emotion.
“Human lives are in your hands Incapable in the trivial things That will build roads to death Which will also involve you too Your offspring will perish soon And suffer the sentence you created Your mind will misunderstand again”
This song seems to be about those in society that are only out for themselves. Those that will walk all over and destroy people just to get what they want, regardless of who or what they exploited on their way there. The decisions we make now will have a serious effect on our children in the future. Will we build a better future for them? Or just repeat the same mistakes over and over again without care for others?
Rising Rain Starting off with a metalcore feel with some hard blast beats mixed in, you better have your neck muscles warmed up! This is a hard hitting track has got really catchy melodic lead riffs with aggressive vocals throughout.
“Your deeds feed hate Confused with love The human species will seek it, feed it and preach it”
This song seems to be about being two faced. Many in society tend to say one thing in front of others while they do something completely different in private. Many claim to be doing things out of love, but really it’s with malice and harmful intent. Sadly, many seek this as being good, even though it’s just perpetuated two facedness.
Monstrosity This track has another really aggressive start. This one has more of a death metal feel and is loaded with blast beats throughout. With fast guitar riffs and heart pounding drums throughout, this track is an all out assault.
Crying This track starts off just a bit more pulled back, but then comes in aggressively at about :9 seconds in. This track is also more of a death metal feel throughout.
“A drift approaching, invisible to most Disguised in future progress That fools dare to praise The uniform motion of human existence”
This song seems to be about mankind’s uniformed march towards it’s own destruction. If we continue on our path of blind complacency, oblivious to the darkness around us, we will wake up to a darker future than we can imagine.
Torment of the Black Sheep This song starts off with more of a metalcore sound, and the opening riff is really catchy and can be heard throughout. There are a lot of melodic lead parts that are really catchy throughout this track.
“I’m alone surrounded by people This is our condition We are the black sheep In a very big white wool sea”
Lyrically, this song seems to be about being a nonconformist in a world where so many just seem to fall in line with the status quo. Normally, it would be bad to be called a black sheep, but for me, this song seems to say that being a black sheep and standing alone is better than blindly conforming to the status quo.
B.O.B This track has a much more laid back intro for the first :44 seconds. Light, but distorted lead guitars play in harmony with a few pinch harmonics thrown in nicely. Then the aggressive vocals come in at :45. Then at 1:03, let’s kick it up a notch with some heart pounding drums. Then at 2:13 the groove flips into a triplet feel which adds a nice change!
“Success, money and health Have made a huge ego Walking six feet above the ground Watching humanity from above That shows only small men Like toy soldiers That you can take and destroy Can take and destroy Whenever you like!”
This track seems to be about those in power that make decisions without a care of what will happen to the “toy soldiers”. With just the stroke of a pen, wars can begin destroying countless lives. It seems to say that those who are “watching humanity from above” are destroying us without a care in the world.
The Abyss is Venting Up The final track! Musically I think this is my favorite one on the whole album! To me, the guitar riffs are a blend of metalcore and just straight up metal. I really like the riffs in this one a lot!
“Hate coming out like lava Of an acidic volcano That awaits a millennia Before devastating everything! Humanity will soon be submerged A new mixture, an alienating substance”
This song, to me, is about the devastating effects that hate has on the world. I really don’t think many understand how toxic and evil hate really is. Humanity is slowly decaying from all of the hate that just seems to be getting worse and worse by the minute.
Verdict I would give this album a 4.0 out of 5.0. The sound quality is great with a really good mix. I like the balance of the instruments and vocals as well! While I know they are a death metal band, with the seemingly more melodic approach they took on this album, I was hoping there would be even just a few sections with a bit cleaner vocals just to break it up a bit, but otherwise it’s a great album! If you haven’t heard “A New Death” already, definitely give it a listen!
Some quarantine fun with Avi & Seann of Symfinity!
• What made you want to become a musician? *Averi: I always loved making music with my family and friends because it was so powerful and meaningful, and I had the best music teachers that were always so fun and inspiring!
*Seann: I wanted to choose a different career path than my friends in high school, and chose music because it felt artistically and spiritually meaningful.
• What are some of your hobbies outside of music/career? *Averi: Composing, playing different instruments in different genres for other bands and for fun, dancing, playing tennis, learning languages, exercising, walking in nature, listening to all different styles of music from around the world, watching tv, playing computer/app/board games, hanging out with friends, going to the gym, attending live shows… the list is endless!
*Seann: Board gaming, cooking, gardening, walking in nature, learning different computer languages
• If you had to be anyone else for a day, who would that be and why? *Averi: A unicorn.
*Seann: Jeff Bezos, to give myself a job at Amazon
• Do you have any pets? *Averi: No!!!! (But I enjoy other people’s pets)
*Seann: (*Points to Averi) Just the one on the couch there.
• What is your favourite animal? *Averi: Giraffe *Seann: Cat
• Are you a Herbivore, Carnivore, or Omnivore? 😊 *Averi: Pescatarian (who generally dislikes seafood and dairy) for 12 years
• A new law has passed where only one genre of music is allowed, which would you choose? (It is totally alright if you choose Disney music! No judgment here.) *Averi: Cinematic (would listen to it and write it)
*Seann: Classical music (but I reserve the right to write metalish riffs for violin)
• What is your favourite country? *Averi: I am completely in love with learning about new countries, cultures, and languages, and am so excited to travel the world even more when it’s safe to. Aside from the beauty and vastness of America, and the right to travel and act freely here, I’d say Italy. I used to live in Tuscany for some of my musical training in college, and I miss it terribly. I find every part of Italy to be so unique, full of lovely, genuine, and warm people, and teeming with incredible culture, breathtaking nature, and delicious food!
*Seann: Aside from America? Canada (because it’s the only other one I’ve been to). But I’m excited to travel more soon when it’s safe to!
• What foods do you love to devour? *Averi: Tex-mex, salad, unsweetened almond milk, and uh, pizza – duh! 😉
*Seann: Tex-mex, salad, pizza, and pasta
• Apple or Android? 😉 *Averi: Apple
• Where are you from? *Averi: A pineapple under the sea
• What was your favourite possession as a child? *Averi: My stuffed animals, instruments, and electronics
• What is your favourite possession now? *Averi: My instruments, electronics, and stuffed animals (ok, and my car! lol) 😛
• What motto do you live by? *Averi: Treat others how you’d like to be treated.
*Seann: Settling sucks, unless its Catan or Civilization.
• Do you play video games? If so, what do you like playing the most? *Averi: No, but computer/app games. I love Sims 3 and 4, and Harry Potter Quiddich for computer. I love Catan, Bitlife, Harry Potter, Forge of Empires, Cooking Fever, My Cafe, and Ticket To Ride for the iPhone. But my fave video games are, and will always be, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 for PlayStation, followed by Mario Kart for Gameboy Advance.
*Seann: No, but computer/app games. I love Sim City 4, Civilization 4, Commander Keen 4, Portal, and Starcraft for the computer.
• Which gaming platform do you prefer? *Averi: Computer (and then, phone)
*Seann: Board (and then, computer)
• Any particular soundtrack you would recommend to people? *Averi: ANYTHING DANNY ELFMAN OR HANS ZIMMER!!!!!
*Seann: Lord of the Rings
• Are you into any comics, manga, or anime? *Averi: No. 😛 But I enjoy all the Marvel and DC movies!!
*Seann: Naruto. And I enjoy all the Marvel and DC movies!!
• You are now stuck on an island with only one item (cannot be phone.) What is the item you choose? *Averi: Food. And I insist on being stuck with Seann.
*Seann: Water. And I insist on being stuck with Averi.
• What is your favourite colour? *Averi: Blue
• You can bring one famous figure from our past back to life, who do you choose and why? *Averi: Alan Rickman, so we can chat, sing, and make potions together.
*Seann: Mozart, so I can show him symphonic rock and metal!
• Any embarrassing moments to tell? *Averi: Thankfully no, but I guess what comes close is that one time I almost fell off a stage during a show!
*Seann: Not that I can think of, thankfully!
• Were you a good student or a class clown in school? *Averi: While I was/am very comical, I was/am still a good student. I was a fairly good elementary/secondary student, but then I ended up going on to graduate Magna Cum Laude from undergrad and then get a perfect GPA in my Masters degree and all my post-Masters classes since then! Sorry to toot my own horn! 😮
*Seann: I tried to be the class clown and failed. I went on to receive my B.A., two Masters Degrees, and a certificate.
•Ocean or Mountains? *Averi: Growing up between the ocean and also a lake with mountains, that’s a toughie! My favorite thing is forests, so I don’t know! Can’t choose! Help!
*Seann: I grew up on the west coast in high elevation near the Pacific Ocean, so I choose mountains looking over the ocean!
• If you had to play in a film, what kind of part would you want to play? *Averi: The smart, sexy elf boss. (“Averi” does mean “ruler of the elves, after all! ;D)
*Seann: A superhero.
Top 5 Musicians/Bands *Averi: I can’t do 5. My favorite rock/metal bands are: System of a Down, Sonata Arctica, Symphony X, Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Rammstein, Ensiferum, Tarja, Renaissance, Blackmore’s Night, Nightwish, Avatar, and In This Moment. I have seen 9 of the 12 live, befriended some, and played with 2! 🙂
*Seann: Lacuna Coil, The Gathering, Tarja, Within Temptation, Delain, Metallica, and Ghost (oops, that’s 7!)
Top 5 Shows/Movies *Averi: Movies = Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, Lord of the Rings, Marvel, DC, and Star Wars franchises. TV = Criminal Minds, NCIS, CSI, Friday Night Lights, Parenthood, Any transformation show…ever, The Office, Archer, X-Files, Goosebumps, and of course…. Jersey Shore ;D
*Seann: Movies = Harry Potter, Star Trek, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Marvel, and DC franchises. TV = Star Trek: TNG (and everything chronologically afterward), Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, Goosebumps, MythBusters, and Queer Eye
Top 5 Books *Averi: My childhood faves are still my faves I’d ever read! Harry Potter series, The Giver, Ender’s Game series, Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys series (yup, same author, turns out! ;o lol), and coffee table books with pretty pictures of nature 😛
*Seann: Harry Potter series, Redwall, Narnia, Lord of the Rings, and Essential Dictionary of Orchestration.
• What made you want to become a musician? When I was 7, a friend of my family lent us an electric guitar. When I played for first time a fell in love for ever with this incredible instrument. Since this moment up today, all of my thoughts are about music and live performances.
• What are some of your hobbies outside of music/career? I really enjoy play futbol, soccer, with my friends. I do it 3 or 4 time at week.
• If you had to be anyone else for a day, who would that be and why? I’m happy to be who I am, My life is exactly as I always dreamed it would be.
• Do you have any pets? No, I have a terrible allergy problem.
• What is your favourite animal? Dogs, but I really like Cats to.
• Are you an Herbivore, Carnivore, or Omnivore? Omnivore, I respect animals, I think the fucking meat industry could be so much better and don’t make the animals suffer.
• A new law has passed where only one genre of music is allowed, which would you choose? (It is totally alright if you choose Disney music! No judgment here.)| ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
• What is your favourite country? Argentina.
• What foods do you love to devour? I love PASTA!!!! with cream ohhhhhhhhhhhh
• Apple or Android? 😉 ANDROID PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
• Where are you from? Argentina
• What was your favourite possession as a child? My bike. It set me FREE !
• What is your favourite possession now? My brain
• What motto do you live by? Don’t vote for IDIOTS
• Do you play video games? If so, what do you like playing the most? Yes, old arcade games, and PES always
• Which gaming platform do you prefer? Just my PC
• Any particular soundtrack you would recommend to people? All music is great.
• Are you into any comics, manga, or anime? No. Never.
• You are now stuck on an island with only one item (cannot be phone.) What is the item you choose? A Guitar, sure.
• What is your favourite colour? LIVING COLOUR!
• You can bring one famous figure from our past back to life, who do you choose and why? Steve Ray Vaugham, my favorite blues guitar player!
• Any embarrassing moments to tell? When I was 16, I told a girl that I was 18. When she discovered the truth it was really embarrassing! jajaja
• Were you a good student or a class clown in school? Bad student, Little clown some times. jajaj
• Ocean or Mountains? Mountains ALWAYS !
• If you had to play in a film, what kind of part would you want to play? I did it in a Zombie Film, was really fun! “EL CAZADOR”
• Top 5 Musicians/Bands PINK FLOYD PANTERA METALLICA AC DC BLACK SABBATH
• Top 5 Books CHARLES DARWINS: EL ORIGEN DE LAS ESPECIES
• What made you want to become a musician? There’s music on my mind, all the time
• What are some of your hobbies outside of music/career? Besides being a passionate photographer, I love to cook
• If you had to be anyone else for a day, who would that be and why?Donald Fagen, then I’d actually comprehend his mind-boggling chord progressions (and his weird lyrics)
• Do you have any pets? No
• What is your favourite animal? Dogs, preferably big
• Are you an Herbivore, Carnivore, or Omnivore? A curious omnivore
• A new law has passed where only one genre of music is allowed, which would you choose? (It is totally alright if you choose Disney music! No judgment here.) Oh no, tough one… then it’s pop, because that’d be the widest spectrum I guess
• What is your favourite country? I think France is a very beautiful mix between north and south, in every sense
• What foods do you love to devour? A great pasta or risotto always gets me
• Apple or Android? Apple, since a long, long time
• Where are you from? From Germany, some small town rather north
• What was your favourite possession as a child? My bike
• What is your favourite possession now? A humble piece of land with plenty of oak trees in Upper Normandy, France
• What motto do you live by? I don’t really live by any ‘motto’, but if, it would be: “What we think, we become”
• Do you play video games? If so, what do you like playing the most? Not at all
• Which gaming platform do you prefer? Errrmmm
• Any particular soundtrack you would recommend to people? Everything from Ennio Morricone
• Are you into any comics, manga, or anime? No, sorry
• You are now stuck on an island with only one item (cannot be phone.) What is the item you choose? A Fender Rhodes suitcase ’73 MkII (needs power though)
• What is your favourite colour? When it comes to colours, it’s always the combination for me
• You can bring one famous figure from our past back to life, who do you choose and why? Nietzsche, because I have so many questions
• Any embarrassing moments to tell? I once, about thirty years ago, messed up the German national anthem, live in front of a few thousand people. Ugh
• Were you a good student or a class clown in school? Neither
• Ocean or Mountains? Ocean, all the way
• If you had to play in a film, what kind of part would you want to play? The part that gets me the academy award for “best supporting actor”, preferably as the villain
Top 5 Musicians/Bands The Beatles, Steely Dan, Talk Talk, Tears For Fears, Miles Davis
Top 5 Shows/Movies Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Seinfeld, The Grand Budapest Hotel, The Shawshank Redemption
Top 5 Books The Cloud Atlas, David Mitchell Chaos, David Mitchell The Hyperion Cantos, Dan Simmons The Selected Works Of T.S. Spivet, Reif Larsen Silk, Alessandro Baricco